The Union of UEA students has negotiated a contract for volunteers to work at Latitude from Weds 17th to Sunday 21st July and Leeds from Wednesday 21st to Sunday 25th August. 23rd-25th August for Reading.
Volunteering at Leeds requires experience of working behind a bar, whilst Latitude Volunteers just need to be good with people.
You have to put up a deposit, which is returned on successful completion of your volunteer shifts at the festivals. In return for your volunteering you get free entry to the festival, food vouchers, staff camping (with decent toilets and showers) and have lots of fun!
There are now only a couple of places left, so email Lynne.firstname.lastname@example.org now for more information and an application form asap.
International students that are completing UG, Masters, PhD and MBA programmes in 2013 – you have the opportunity to apply for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa sponsored by the University of East Anglia.
These endorsements are only for “genuine and credible” business ideas that will make good use of their skills and add to the economy.
To be considered for one of these visas you would need to follow the process outlined:
1) Submit the following documents by 5pm Thursday 27th June to email@example.com .
- Business plan for a genuine business idea/entrepreneurial activity
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for all key personnel involved in the venture
- Personal bank or building society statements for a consecutive 90-day period ending no more than 31 days before your application
- Proof of identity and current visa
Failure to provide any of these documents will result in the application not being considered
2) If shortlisted you will be asked to attend a formal interview to present your business plan and answer questions in front of a panel of Judges on Tuesday 23rd July.
3) If successful you will be awarded a letter of Endorsement with which to apply for a visa
4) Meet with the compliance team to prepare your application
5) You need to be prepared to meet with the enterprise panel and UKBA compliance manager 4 times a year to report on the progress of your business as well as spot checks being carried out by a representative from UEA
If you would like to discuss your business idea with Finbarr Carter, the Student Enterprise and Employability Development Officer, prior to submission he is available to meet on Wednesday afternoons or Thursday mornings. To book a session contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa please see this link. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/graduate-entrepreneur
Did you know that you can still access the support at Careers after you have graduated?
Help and guidance from Careers, Employability and The Union is available today from 11.30am-2.30pm today in the Square.
Next week, we are putting on training for new club and society committees who are starting to think about next year. We will go through the main things to think about as well as providing introductory information that will be key for the year ahead! The sessions for Clubs will be at 11-12.30 and the session for societies will be 12.30-2pm on Friday 24th May in Union House 1.33.
If you have any questions, email Joe at email@example.com
We are looking for societies to send us up to 5 photos that demonstrate what you have been up to over the last year. Photos that represent your society is a positive way. Check out this fantastic one of UEA students Skydiving!
These photos will be used for our new societies posters which will be used at open days, the societies fair and generally all over the place, so it will be great advertisement for your society!
Copying photos off Facebook is not suitable - the quality will be poor. Please send high quality photos, preferably each photo needs to be at least 1 MB in size.
Email images to Victoria – firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Logbooks need to be handed in by the 15th May!
For all of you have worked so hard as a:
Committee member in your club or society Part time officer Course rep Union Councillor Or taken part in any other volunteering through the Union or UEA
Make sure you complete your volunteer logbook and hand in to the Hive reception by the 15th May. If you haven’t got one yet, there are still a few left, so again, come to reception in the Hive and ask.
Make sure when you are filling them in you think about all those skills you have gained, and how you can talk about these skills in interviews!
Any queries, please contact Katy Daly at K.Daly@uea.ac.uk