We have been working this summer on a new way for clubs and societies to raise a lot of money! For the first time, we are allowing clubs and societies to sell tickets for the midweek LCR Club Nights and make some money at the same time! Each club or society that wants to can appoint a ticket rep who has the role of selling tickets to as many people as they want and however they want to sell them! For every ticket sold, £1.75 will go back to your club or society so just 10 tickets sold for each event would earn you over £120! Every club and society has the chance to be involved in this. The only limit is the capacity of the LCR!
This is how it is going to work:
- Each club or society will appoint a Ticket Rep. This position need not be a committee position.
- This rep will be provided with a Ticket Rep ID Card from the Union as proof of their role and a list of all ticket rep names will be available for reference at Union House reception and the Box Office.
- Each rep will be able to go to the Box Office and collect books of 25 tickets. Clubs can collect as many of these books as possible but only once the previous book has been sold. The Rep must leave a photocopy of their Campus Card as proof of collection – this can be done in the Box Office.
- Tickets can be sold to any UEA student, including students from outside the club or society and they must be sold at face value. How the Rep chooses to publicize this offer is entirely up to them and the Union will try and support the Reps in this process if they require it.
- Before 12.00 on the day of the event, each Rep must return the takings from the ticket sales as well as unsold tickets. After the event, 50% of each reps takings will be placed in their club/society account.
EVENTS WHERE THIS CAN BE USED:
2/10 Skool Daze
10/10 Safe sex – (Wednesday LCR!)
16/10 Club Retro
7/11 Tight and Bright – (Wednesday LCR!)
13/11 A Night at Hogwarts
27/11 Cartoon Characters
If this is a success, it will be extended to more club nights so we hope this really takes off!
WHAT DO CLUBS AND SOCIETIES NEED TO DO?
Basically, the only thing you need to do is find a ticket rep! It can be anyone you want within your society – we have tried to make it as easy as possible for you to be able to take part in this! As soon as you have found your rep, just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to our register and sort out a membership card as soon as possible. Once this is done, it’s up to you how you promote this deal but the first event is in week 2!
WHAT IF I WANT TO BE A REP?
Email your President and put yourself forward! Clubs and societies need really keen people to do this so the more you try and push yourself, its likely you’ll appear as though you will be great at selling tickets!
If you have any questions, just give me a call on 01603 593268 or email Joe at email@example.com! This is very new so any feedback would be much appreciated! If any detail of this changes, I will let you know immediately by email or on www.ueastudentblog.com