As part of People & Planet’s national week of action on climate change in schools and colleges, from the 11th-17th February, UEA People & Planet will be hosting a range of events, in conjunction with the Union and other student societies, to inspire students to act for a sustainable future.
- Meat Free Monday! Learn more about the impact of meat consumption
- Sample our vegetarian buffet in the Hive, 12-2pm
- 10p discount off all vegetarian food in the Campus Kitchen!
- UEA food co-op, the Hive 1-3pm
- Also happening: Eco-tips competition stall, the Hive, 12-2pm (hosted by Student Finance)
- Transport light Tuesday! Get confident on your bike with free cycle support and training.
- Bike maintenance workshop, Nelson Court Common Room, 4pm.
- Norwich city cycle tour, leaving from outside the LCR 6.30pm.
- Waste Free Wednesday! Last year UEA created 400 tonnes of waste. Get involved and reduce your impact.
- Swap Shop, The Hive 12-3pm
- Recycled crafts workshops, the Hive 12-4pm
– Pinhole cameras
– Tetra Pak wallets
– Recycled arts and crafts
- Participate in making some recycled art, constructed from all the plastic cups from one night in the LCR. The Square, 12pm.
- Waste audit, with UEA Estates, the Hive 12pm.
- ‘Why we disagree about climate change.’ Free lecture with renowned climate expert Mike Hulme from UEA’s Environmental Science department. Cong. Hall 01.19, 2.15pm
- Biodiversity Walk with Conservation and Wildlife society – woodland trail, leaving from the Sainsbury Centre, 2pm.
- Permaculture tour of the forest garden and allotments. Leaving from the Hive reception, 3.30pm.
- Bicycle powered cinema showing Home (Yann Arthus-Bertrand, 2009), with stunning aerial footage from 54 countries, exploring the impact of humans on Planet Earth. Union Pub, 7.30pm
- Climate change pub quiz, Union Pub, 7pm
Throughout the week
- Cycle safety and security stand, Security Lodge (Monday and Tuesday 1-4pm, Friday and Saturday 8-5pm).
For more information, visit the facebook event: