International students that are completing UG, Masters, PhD and MBA programmes in 2013 – you have the opportunity to apply for a Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa sponsored by the University of East Anglia.
These endorsements are only for “genuine and credible” business ideas that will make good use of their skills and add to the economy.
To be considered for one of these visas you would need to follow the process outlined:
1) Submit the following documents by 5pm Thursday 27th June to email@example.com .
- Business plan for a genuine business idea/entrepreneurial activity
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for all key personnel involved in the venture
- Personal bank or building society statements for a consecutive 90-day period ending no more than 31 days before your application
- Proof of identity and current visa
Failure to provide any of these documents will result in the application not being considered
2) If shortlisted you will be asked to attend a formal interview to present your business plan and answer questions in front of a panel of Judges on Tuesday 23rd July.
3) If successful you will be awarded a letter of Endorsement with which to apply for a visa
4) Meet with the compliance team to prepare your application
5) You need to be prepared to meet with the enterprise panel and UKBA compliance manager 4 times a year to report on the progress of your business as well as spot checks being carried out by a representative from UEA
If you would like to discuss your business idea with Finbarr Carter, the Student Enterprise and Employability Development Officer, prior to submission he is available to meet on Wednesday afternoons or Thursday mornings. To book a session contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information on the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa please see this link. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/graduate-entrepreneur