Danger of Carbon Monoxide in Houses!

Last week a student suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning and became very seriously unwell and had to go to hospital.

The property is not accredited by Home Run and had a valid Landlord’s Gas Safe certificate but the tenants had reported concerns with the boiler to their agent.

The Union recommends that you have a Carbon Monoxide alarm in your home to prevent illness or even death.  Ask your landlord about providing a Carbon Monoxide alarm but if they don’t, they can be purchased for as little as £12 – chip together, better safe than sorry !!!

 student page image

Symptoms are similar to food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness; for more detailed information visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/domestic/co.htm

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s